Property fraud is a nationwide problem, and the Office of Angelina "Angel" Colonneso, Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller for Manatee County, offers a solution that safeguards your property and protects you from harm caused by property fraud.
Property fraud occurs when someone fraudulently assumes ownership of a property, often by manipulating property records or forging documents without your knowledge.
Property Alerts, a free service developed by the Office of the Clerk & Comptroller, alerts you by email when a document that matches your search criteria is recorded in the Manatee County Official Record.
It's important to note that this service does not prevent fraudulent activity from happening. However, Property Alerts is a proactive approach that empowers property owners to take immediate action if any suspicious activity is detected.
How to Sign Up for Alerts
To get started, follow the instructions below.
- Go to records.manateeclerk.com (Public Records Hub).
- Register an account with our Public Records Hub.
- Fill out the form and click the Register button.
- Check your email for a confirmation email.
- Confirm your information to complete your account registration.
- Log in using your newly created Public Records Hub login information.
- Click on the Property Alerts button on the Public Records Hub
- Register for alerts using either a Party name or a business.
- Official Records are indexed by name.
- Names are stored as Last Name First Name Middle.
- Do not use any punctuation.
- Middle and First names may be recorded as just initials if that is what is on the document.
You can create as many alerts as needed with different variations of your name, spouse’s name, or business name.
By creating a property alert, you agree with the property alerts terms and conditions.
If You Receive an Alert
When a document recorded matches your search criteria, you will receive an alert by email. The alert is sent to the email address you used to register your Public Records Hub account.
Information provided on a property alert include:
- A link to view the Official Record(s).
- A link to review your active Property Alerts in Manatee County.
For questions or assistance with Official Records or setting up your Property Alerts account, contact the Recording department by phone at (941) 741-4045.
If you suspect fraudulent activity, contact law enforcement.