Property fraud is a nationwide problem. The Manatee County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller is here to help protect you from potential property fraud.
Scammers file official-looking records - such as deeds or claim a lien against your property - without your knowledge.
Property Alerts is a free service that alerts you by email when our office records a document that matches your search criteria.
This service does not prevent fraudulent activity from happening. However, it does get you ahead of scammers by providing timely information to stop criminals in their tracks.
How to Sign Up for Alerts
To get started, follow the instructions below.
- Go to records.manateeclerk.com (Public Records Hub).
- Register an account with our Public Records Hub.
- Fill out the form and click the Register button.
- Check your email for a confirmation email.
- Confirm your information to complete your account registration.
- Log in using your newly created Public Records Hub login information.
- Click on the Property Alerts button on the Public Records Hub
- Register for alerts using either a Party name or a business.
- Official Records are indexed by name.
- Names are stored as Last Name First Name Middle.
- Do not use any punctuation.
- Middle and First names may be recorded as just initials if that is what is on the document.
You can create as many alerts as needed with different variations of your name, spouse’s name, or business name.
By creating a property alert, you agree with the property alerts terms and conditions.
If You Receive an Alert
When a document recorded matches your search criteria, you will receive an alert by email. The alert is sent to the email address you used to register your Public Records Hub account.
Information provided on a property alert include:
- A link to view the Official Record(s).
- A link to review your active Property Alerts in Manatee County.
For questions or assistance with Official Records, contact the recording department by phone at (941) 741-4045.
If you suspect fraudulent activity, contact law enforcement.
In this section: Online Services
- Section Home
- Pay Citation
- Access Your Online Cases
- Current Scam Alerts
- TurboCourt - Do it Yourself
- Property Alerts THIS PAGE