Post Judgment Collection

How to Get Your Money

After the Court has awarded you a Final Judgment against the Defendant(s), the following steps may be taken to get your money. Please be advised that the Clerk’s Office cannot assist you with post judgment recovery. You may wish to contact an attorney to assist you with this process.

  1. Pursuant to Florida Statute 55.10, re-recording of Final Judgment in the Official Records where real property is located and owned by debtor. You must obtain a certified copy of the Final Judgment from the Recording Division of the Clerk’s Office in the county in which the Judgment was rendered. You must re-record this certified copy of the Final Judgment in the county where the Defendant(s) owns real property. The Clerk of the Recording Division will record this Final Judgment against the name of the defendant(s) after you pay the recording fee (determined by the number of pages being recorded). If the defendant has property located in more than one county, it is best to record a certified copy of the Final Judgment in all of those counties. Later, if the Defendant tries to sell this property, he will not be able to give good title to a buyer unless the recorded Judgment is satisfied or paid in full.
  2. Pursuant to Florida Statute 55.201 – 55.209, Writ of Execution (Judgment Lien): After the expiration of ten (10) days from the filing of the Final Judgment, you may request the Clerk to issue a Writ of Execution. Effective October 1, 2001, Writs of Execution are no longer docketed with the Sheriff’s Department. The Department of State shall maintain a database of judgment lien records established in accordance with Florida Statute 55.201 – 55.209. For further information, please contact the Department of State, Division of Corporations, Judgment Liens, P.O. Box 6250, Tallahassee, FL 32314. Their phone number is (850) 656-7463 and their website is
  3. Pursuant to Florida Statute 77, Right to Garnishment: Every person or entity that has sued to recover a debt or has recovered judgment in any court against any person or entity has a right to a Writ of Garnishment against salary or wages. For filing fee information only, please contact our office or visit our website regarding filing fees. The Clerk’s website is