Public Access and Research

Located on the main floor of the Historic Courthouse, the Public Access department serves to assist citizens with access to official records and court records held by the Clerk & Comptroller. The department also helps citizens with how to use the Clerk & Comptroller's Public Records Hub. 

Court Records

Court records include small claims, traffic infractions, and more. You can search for court records by person or business name, case number, citation number or case type. Additionally, you can view New Cases Filed Today which lists cases recorded in our office for a 24-hour time period. Click here to search court records.

Official Records

Official records include marriage licenses, judgements, deeds, and more. Click here to search official records. 

 In some cases you might see a lock icon. This icon means the document in question is viewable on request. Click on the lock icon to enter your email address to request the document. Documents are typically received within 24 hours. 

 This icon indicates a confidential document that may include psychological evaluations, birth certificates, reports of guardianship, or any document made confidential or sealed by court order.

Public Records Hub 

Use the Public Records Hub to search not only for Official Records and Court Records, but also Board Records, Plat Records, Animal Cases and to sign up for Property Alerts.

An account is not necessary to search for public records. However, to view documents in probate and domestic relation case types registration is necessary. Note: registered accounts may become a matter of public record. 

How to Create a Public Records Hub Account

  1. Click here to access the Public Records Hub
  2. Click register in the top right corner
  3. Check your email for the confirmation email
  4. Click the confirm link in the email 
  5. Complete your profile
    • Add a phone number
    • Add your name
    • Add your address
    • Agree to the Registered User Agreement

For questions about Board Records, contact the Board Records Department at (941) 741-4018.

To make a public record request for a record that is neither a court record nor an official record, click here to submit a public records request to the Custodian of Public Records or call at (941) 749-1800.

The law governing public records provides that the custodian of a public record shall permit inspection and examination, at a reasonable time, under reasonable conditions and under the supervision by the custodian. Requests to search the record for activity in prior years are also governed by Chapter 28. (

By law, Public Access cannot assist with Juvenile or Adoption records. You must be a party to these cases before information can be provided to you. You must go to the Family/Juvenile department to obtain information and present ID. The clerk is prohibited by law from providing any legal advice. For legal advice, we encourage you to contact an attorney of your choice.

Court records or Official Records requests may be submitted via email at:

Contact Public Access and Research
Supervisor: Yelitza Santoyo
Supervisor Title: Supervisor
Mailing Address
Attn: Public Access and Research
P.O. Box 25400
Bradenton, FL 34206
Physical Address
1115 Manatee Avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34205