Manatee Clerk appointed to Workgroup on Trial Court Technology Strategies
Chief Justice Charles T. Canady recently appointed Manatee County Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller Angel Colonneso to serve on the Workgroup on Trial Court Technology Strategies (Workgroup) until June 30, 2023. This Workgroup will develop a strategy to ensure that effective case management tools are available in the trial courts across Florida.
According to Administrative Order AOSC21-56, the Workgroup will:
- Examine the current level of Court Applications Processing System (CAPS) functionality by county and division in order to determine if there are any inconsistencies with the latest CAPS standards and, if so, recommend adjustments to the current strategy to ensure that effective case management tools are available equitably across the state;
- Review the current funding structure for CAPS and determine the optimum strategies for funding and sustaining effective case management tools;
- Evaluate whether other trial court technology should be considered for inclusion in the scope of funding strategies;
- Propose any revisions in the law and rules necessary to implement the Workgroup’s recommendations; and
- If changes to the strategies are appropriate, recommend a timeline for implementation.
The Workgroup will submit its findings and recommendations to the Judicial Management Council no later than May 31, 2023.