Manatee Heritage Days: February 24-March 31, 2023
This year marks the 44th year for Manatee Heritage Days, the time when Manatee County’s historical organizations and sites come together to celebrate our community’s heritage by providing opportunities for our area’s residents and visitors to experience the past. Reenactments, special exhibits, lectures, classes, walking tours, open houses and family programming will highlight the celebration’s events.
Originally a week in length, Heritage Days grew to nine days, and in 1995, Manatee Heritage Days expanded to a month long event. The activities have been as varied as exhibits and parades. Events take place this year both virtually, and in-person throughout Manatee County. Through these events, participants can experience the pioneer lifestyle and learn how Manatee County has grown and developed.
Manatee Heritage Days is supported and organized by the Manatee County Clerk of the Circuit Court’s Department of Historical Resources, under the auspices of Angelina “Angel” Colonneso, Clerk of Circuit Court and Comptroller.
Click here for schedule of events. Most are free, though some require a reservation or admission fee. For specific information about an event, please call the number listed on the schedule. For general information about the Manatee Heritage Days, please call (941) 741-4070. Join with us in this countywide celebration of our community's past.
2023 Participating Organizations:
- Bradenton Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Florida Maritime Museum
- Friends of the Florida Maritime Museum
- Gamble Plantation Historic State Park
- Jiggs Landing Florida Boat Tours
- Manatee County Agricultural Museum
- Manatee County Historical Records Library
- Manatee County Natural Resources Department
- Manatee County Public Library
- Manatee Genealogical Society
- Manatee Village Historical Park
- Myakka City Historical Society
- Palmetto Historical Park
- Parrish Civic Association
- Realize Bradenton
- Reflections of Manatee
- The Powel Crosley Estate Foundation